Happiness

I'm trapped here on this dry isle, 
The sand at my feet cold and brittle 


No life dwells beneath the frozen surface 
My reflection shoots pain into every corner of my mind 
It's hard to understand why my heart feels this tug, 

This everlasting strain like the currents themselves 
Rip tides and sand bars are the danger there, 

Heartbreak and spats here 
The day was simple, sweet 
Lay in the sun and drink, 
Drink the rays and every last fucking drop of happiness 

It's the only thing that kept me alive 
Without the warmth and the light 
I'm dying here, can't you see? 
My skin is withering away, 
The tones in my eyes begin to match the cold, lifeless earth 


The next time I sink my toes in 
The first time I dive headfirst 
It could always be my last, 
But I prefer to think of it as the best. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

25 Kickass and Interesting Facts About Boxing

Yes, E-Wallets are better than cash: How to setup and use e-wallets.

25 Interesting Facts About Mushrooms