Notepad


Years ago, Notepad was my favourite programme on Windows. I loved it. It was simple, and I loved how I could focus on the letters appearing before me in the monospaced, predictable manner as I typed them. I loved our old keyboard. It was gentle, and the keys made a very satisfying “tick-tack” when pressed.
It was easier to write blog posts then because on that great expanse of white, there were no distractions. I’m older (and wiser?) and more experienced now, with a lot many more posts behind me. Now, it feels like every second post I’m about to write has already been written. Or that I’ve grown out of it. It’s tragic, really, in a way. But it’s also a good thing because maybe it shows I’m moving forwards. It’s like yet another depiction of the fact that life is changing (or well, it has), and I’m accepting the change by changing too. I’m not a kid anymore (that’s a lie … I so totally am still a kid … at least I hope I am!).
So today, for the first time in a long time, I’m typing this post on Notepad, without spelling check or grammar or the neat fonts and colours and formatting. It’s primitive, but strangely, it doesn’t really feel too strange. Now all that’s missing is freedom of thought.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

25 Kickass and Interesting Facts About Boxing

Yes, E-Wallets are better than cash: How to setup and use e-wallets.

25 Interesting Facts About Mushrooms